※Please read the “Special Notes on 2021-2022 Student Overseas Exchange Program” (Appendix IV) for our the detailed policy regarding withdrawal/ cancellation of exchange student status in response to Covid-19.
The guideline is stipulated in accordance with the “Regulations for the Implementation of the International Exchange Student Program of the College of Social Sciences, National Chengchi University” (see Appendix I) and the academic agreements between the partner colleges and CSS, NCCU.
II. Period of Exchange:
2021 fall semester or 2022 spring semester. (In principle, the exchange period granted to each applicant will be limited to one semester.)
- The CSS, NCCU selection of student overseas exchange program will be held once a year at the beginning of the year. Anyone who plans to study abroad for exchange during 2021 fall semester or 2022 spring semester through this program should submit his/her application prior to the deadline stipulated by the guideline.
III. Qualifications for Application:
Please refer to Article 3 of “Regulations for the Implementation of the International Exchange Student Program of the College of Social Sciences, National Chengchi University” for eligibility. The student who passes the selection and is nominated by CSS, NCCU is required to remain enrolled as a full-time student of NCCU.
IV. Application Deadline and Procedure:
Please submit your application in hardcopy to CSS Office prior to the deadline scheduled below.
- For anyone who applies for the seats offered by Meiji University, Tohoku University, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Baptist University, University of Macau, National University of Singapore, or Universitas Gadjah Mada, the application and relevant documents should arrive at CSS Office before 5 p.m., January 15th, 2021, Friday.
- Other applicants should ensure their applications and relevant documents arrive at CSS Office before 5 p.m., March 19th, 2021, Friday.
V. Documents to be Submitted:
- Application form (See Appendix II)
- Proof of semester average ranking (Graduate students are exempt from this requirement.)
- NCCU transcript in English and Chinese (One copy for each)
- A copy of the language test certificate within two years (Those applying for exchange to China are exempted from this item.)
- Other supplementary or supporting materials, such as resume, letter of recommendation (two copies at the maximum), and relevant certificates, etc.
※Please prepare one copy of each of the above documents. DO NOT bind them in a booklet; instead, use an Elliot folder or L shape folder to organize the documents in good order. Except for the language test certificate, which can be provided as a photocopy (the original is available for inspection), all other documents should be submitted in their original copies.
※The letter of recommendation should be always written either in English or in the official language of the country to which the applicant applies for an exchange to go. Letters of recommendation in support of those who apply for an exchange to go to the Mainland China can be written in Chinese.
VI. List of partner universities open for 2021 fall/ 2022 spring and the number of places offered by each university: Please refer to Appendix III.
VII. Procedure for Selection:
There will be a committee formed and dedicated to review the materials submitted by the applicants. A face-to-face interview is not conducted in principle.
VIII. Date and Time for Briefing:
A briefing dedicated to introduce to the students how to submit their applications for the overseas exchange will be held at 12:10-13:00 p.m., March 3rd, 2021, Wednesday. (Location is to be announced separately.)
※For those who are interested in this program and briefing, please sign up online through i-NCCU’s “Event Registration Platform” in advance. Registration period starts from February 1st through February 26th, 2021. (For your information, please select “CSS” from the drop-down menu of the organizer after logging in “Event Registration Platform” and click “Search.”)
IX. Date of Announcement of Admission List:
- For anyone who applies for the seats offered by Meiji University, Tohoku University, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Baptist University, University of Macau, National University of Singapore, or Universitas Gadjah Mada, the result will be announced on (or before) January 20th, 2021.
- The result for the other applicants will be announced on or before March 31st, 2021.
X. Contact Person for student exchange program and selection procedure:
Miss Constance Feng Yen
Where to consult: Please visit Ms. Yen at CSS Office (13th floor, Southern Wing, General Building)
Telephone number for consultation: 886-2-29393091 Ext.51372