College of Social Sciences, National Chengchi University Guideline for Application/Selection of Student Overseas Exchange Program for 2021 Fall/2022 Spring
※Please read the “Special Notes on 2022-2023 Student Overseas Exchange Program” (Appendix IV) for our the detailed policy regarding withdrawal/ cancellation of exchange student status in response to Covid-19.
The guideline is stipulated in accordance with the “Regulations for the Implementation of the International Exchange Student Program of the College of Social Sciences, National Chengchi University” (see Appendix I) and the academic agreements between the partner colleges and CSS, NCCU.
II. Period of Exchange:
2022 fall semester or 2023 spring semester. (In principle, the exchange period granted to each applicant will be limited to one semester.)
※ The CSS, NCCU selection of student overseas exchange program will be held once a year at the beginning of the year. Anyone who plans to study abroad for exchange during 2022 fall semester or 2023 spring semester through this program should submit his/her application prior to the deadline stipulated by the guideline.
III. Qualifications for Application:
Please refer to Article 3 of “Regulations for the Implementation of the International Exchange Student Program of the College of Social Sciences, National Chengchi University” for eligibility. The student who passes the selection and is nominated by CSS, NCCU is required to remain enrolled as a full-time student of NCCU.
IV. Application Deadline and Procedure:
1. For anyone who applies for the seats offered by Meiji University, Soka University in Japan, or University of Gadjah Mada in Indonesia, the application and relevant documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before
The hard copy arrives at CSS International Affairs Office before
2. Other applicants should ensure their applications and relevant documents arrive at CSS International Affairs Office before
V. Documents to be Submitted:
2. Proof of semester average ranking (Graduate students are exempt from this requirement.)
3. NCCU transcript in English and Chinese (One copy for each)
4. A copy of the language test certificate within two years (Those applying for exchange to China are exempted from this item.)
5. Other supplementary or supporting materials, such as resume, letter of recommendation (two copies at the maximum), and relevant certificates, etc.
※Please prepare one copy of each of the above documents. DO NOT bind them in a booklet; just use an Elliot folder or L shape folder to organize the documents in good order. Except for the language test certificate, which can be provided as a photocopy (the original is available for inspection), all other documents should be submitted in their original copies.
※The letter of recommendation should be always written either in English or in the official language of the country to which the applicant applies for an exchange to go. Letters of recommendation in support of those who apply for an exchange to go to the Mainland China can be written in Chinese.
VI. List of partner universities open for 2022 fall/ 2023 spring and the number of places offered by each university: Please refer to Appendix III.
VII. Procedure for Selection:
There will be a committee formed and dedicated to review the materials submitted by the applicants. A face-to-face interview is not conducted in principle.
VIII. Date and Time for Briefing:
A briefing dedicated to introduce to the students what to prepare to submit their applications for the overseas exchange will be told later.
IX. Date of Announcement of Admission List:
1. For anyone who applies for the seats offered by Meiji University, Soka University in Japan, or University of Gadjah Mada in Indonesia, the result will be announced on (or before).
2. The result for the other applicants will be announced on or before
X. Contact Person for student exchange program and selection procedure:
Ms. Fannie Fanglu, LIN
Where to consult: Please visit Ms. LIN at CSS International Affairs Office (12nd floor, Northern Wing, General Building)
Telephone number for consultation: 886-2-29393091 Ext.51280
E-mail address for consultation: email@example.com