College of Social Sciences, National Chengchi University
Call for Applications: Student Overseas Exchange in the Academic Year of 2018-2019
The process of recruiting, screening, and nominating is conducted according to National Chengchi University College of Social Sciences Guidelines for Implementation of Overseas Student Exchange Program (see Appendix I, Chinese only) and is under the frameworks of the exchange programs signed between the College of Social Sciences (CSS) and its partner schools.
Period of Exchange:
The period of exchange is limited to semesters in either fall of 2018 or spring of 2019. Applicants will be requested to specify which semester when applying.
Please refer to Article Three of National Chengchi University College of Social Sciences Guidelines for Implementation of Overseas Student Exchange Program (Appendix I)
Any student nominated by CSS and accepted by the partner schools is responsible to assure that s/he will enroll at NCCU as a full-time degree-seeking student for the whole period of time during his/her overseas exchange study.
Application Deadline and Submission:
- For those who are interested in the University of Hong Kong (HKU), Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU), University of Macau (UM), National University of Singapore (NUS), and Nanjing University (NJU) please submit your application in the hard copy format to the office of CSS by 5 P.M., March 1, 2018.
- For those who are interested in schools other than the above-mentioned ones, please submit your application in the hard copy format to the office of CSS by 5 P.M., March 23rd, 2018.
※ The office of CSS is located on 13/F, South Wing, General Building.
※ Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Application form (See Appendix II.)
- GPA class ranking certificate (Graduate students are exempted from presenting the certificate.)
- Official English and Chinese transcripts issued by the Registrar, NCCU.
- Certificate of foreign language proficiency. (Note: The certificate should be still in effect; however, those who are interested in studying in China are exempted from presenting the certificate.)
- Any relevant document(s) in support of your application, such as CV, letters of recommendation (no more than two copies), any certificates that would demonstrate your skills or the events you participated in, etc.
※ Applicants are responsible for the authenticity of all the above-mentioned documents. Except for the certificates of language proficiency and other skills or participation of events, the original copies are required.
※ DO NOT bind the documents into a book. The applicants only need to organize the documents and use a foldback clip on the upper left corner.
※ Please be advised that letters of recommendation should be written either in English or in the official language of the nation where the applicant is applying to exchange.
Specific Requirements and Openings:
For better understanding about the specific requirements of each exchange program and the number of openings, please refer to Appendix III. Some student exchange program details are unavailable due to the inconsistency among the agendas of our partner schools. However, our partner schools have promised that they will release those details as soon as possible, and CSS will renew Appendix III immediately once the information is available.
Briefing for 2018-2019 Student Overseas Exchange Program:
Time: 12:00—13:30, March 7, 2018 (Please sign up on-line in advance.)
Venue: 1st Conference Room of CSS (13/F, South Wing, General Building)
Link to Sign-up system: https://goo.gl/JLKiXd (The system will activate from Feb. 12, 2018 and end at 12:00 noon, March 4, 2018)
※ For those who are interested in HKU, HKBU, MU, NUS, and NJU, hence, are requested to submit your application before the briefing, and those who are not available to attend the briefing due to class clashing or other reasons, please feel free to contact Ms. Constance Yen via e-mail, call her at work, or meet her in the office. (See below for my contact info.)
Ms. Constance Yen
Coordinator, College of Social Sciences, National Chengchi University
Office tel. no.: 02-29393091 Ext.51372
Location of Office: 13/F, South Wing, General Building
Office Hour: 8:30 A.M.—5:30 P.M., Monday to Friday, except for the long break during Chinese New Year from Feb. 14-21, 2018.